Figure 1.16 Options.
This page is as the name suggests full of options for you to choose from. let's look at them and try to make sense of their meaning.
1. Exception File. This is the name of the error file for the transformation. It's really useful if our data pump fails and we
need to get a detailed description of why.
We then come to the options that are grouped by role
2. File Type. Here we set what type(s) of error file we want. If you choose 7.0 Format then you can only have one
3. File Format. Here we set what we want our error files to look like. If we are really clever then at the end of a package
we can check for errors and if we've had any we can start to automatically process the error file and take business decisions from there.
4. Data Movement. We can choose in this group how many errors we will allow before the task fails, how many rows to fetch
from the Source at one time, what row we start on and what row we will finish on.
5. SQL Server. On this group we can set things such as if we are inserting into a table that has an identity column should we be allowed
to insert into that column, how many rows should we insert in a batch and even if batches have failed before we get to the end should we
commit the final one regardless.